The North Coast Striders hold five main running events each year:
- Willits Classic 10 Mile Race & 5K run/walk (Sun, 12 Feb 2017) EVENT HAPPENED! Check results here! Check back soon for 2018!
- Boontling Classic 5K; (Sunday, 7 May 2017)
- Legends of the Redwoods 10K and 5K run/walk (Sun, 9 July 2017)
- Turkey Trot 10K Prediction Contest and 5K Run/walk; (Sun, 19 Nov 2017)
- The Annual Christmas 5K and Annual Meeting. (Sun, 10 Dec 2017)
- REMEMBER to check out the Events Page for new and updated events<UPDATED 1/7/2017>
News and Notes:
- Big thank you (Scroll to bottom of link) from Willits HS Track and Field after the Willits Classic in February!
- Junior Striders Summer Program: Thanks for coming out see you in June 2017!
We also promote many other races in our community/county and our neighboring counties. Please see the current race calendar for a full listing.
Who we are
Founded in November 1980, the North Coast Striders is an organization to meet like-minded individuals interested in walking and running for health and fitness. The club is a camaraderie of individuals and families who live mainly in Lake and Mendocino Counties of Northern California. We take pride in our North Coast heritage and the environment in which we live. Lake and Mendocino Counties offer some of the most beautiful and undisturbed scenery in all of California.
Lastly, perhaps the most vibrant part of our club is the informal network of runners who regularly meet-up to run and jog together as means of fun and accountability towards the fitness goals of each other. The best way to get started is to attend at least one board meeting to meet in the flesh, otherwise please connect with us on Facebook or via our Google Email list-serv (See current posts on the right). Board meetings typically are the first Wednesday of each month at 6:00 PM.